Maca: The organic herb with medical benefits. Have you heard of it? It is the modern miracle that is sweeping the world for it’s health benefits. Although this herb is still being tested, so far there are some positive results. These results are still positive and may help you, if only marginally.
What Is Maca:
Maca is a plant that grows in central Peru in the high plateaus of the Andes Mountains. It has been cultivated as a vegetable crop in this area for at least 3000 years. It is a relative of the radish and has an odor similar to butterscotch. Butterscotch is one of my favorite candies. So this should be easy to take. The root of this plant is used to make medicine.
People take this wonderful organic herb root by mouth for “tired blood” (anemia); chronic fatigue syndrome(CFS); and enhancing energy, stamina, athletic performance, and memory. People also take this herb by mouth for female hormone imbalance, menstrual problems, symptoms of menopause, improving fertility, and sexual dysfunction caused by antidepressants, weak bones (osteoporosis), depression, stomach cancer, leukemia, HIV/AIDS/ tuberculosis, erectile dysfunction (ED), to arouse sexual desire, and to boost the immune system.
As stated previously, this herb is still undergoing testing. So results are still pending in the long term. However, there has been some positive results in small increments. In my opinion, this small chance is way better than no chance at all.
Uses & Effectiveness:
Over the years, there has been a growing concern with sexual dysfunction in male and females. Whether it is performance related or desire, this is a struggle that has been kept “in the closet” for a long time. Also, women are constantly suffering from Post- and Pre-menopausal symptoms.
Although there is Insufficient Evidence to claim this as a cure for any of these, it has proven to help somewhat in some case. In any event, if you suffer from any of these, what do you have to lose to give it a try?
- Sexual dysfunction caused by antidepressant drugs. Early research suggests that taking maca twice daily for 12 weeks slightly improves sexual dysfunction in women taking antidepressants. Since this is an organic root, it should not interfere with your medications.
- Male infertility. Early research shows that taking a specific type of Maca daily for 4 months increases semen and sperm count in healthy men. Just be aware that it is not clear if this results in improved fertility. Nonetheless, it it worth a try. Especially, considering it is organic and natural. It is better than chemical enhancements.
- Postmenopausal conditions. Research suggests that taking Maca Powder Healthy choices daily for 6 weeks slightly improves blood pressure and some aspects of mood, including depression and anxiety, in postmenopausal women. However, the benefits are very small. Being a woman, this is good news. Medications are so expensive today. Even a small benefit may help alleviate taking so much medicine.
- Sexual desire. Early research shows that taking Maca Gelatinizada daily for 12 weeks can increase sexual desire in healthy men. As a woman, this is great!!! What a way to improve the male confidence and the woman’s pleasure. I’ll take it every day on principle alone.
These are also some health issues that this amazing organic herb has been reported to help. Although the evidence is there, more research is needed. However, it will not hurt to give this a try if you suffer from any of the following.
- “Tired blood” (anemia).
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
- Improving energy and athletic performance.
- Improving memory.
- Female hormone imbalance.
- Menstrual problems.
- Symptoms of menopause.
- Boosting the immune system.
Research is ongoing to gather more evidence to rate the effectiveness of maca for these uses. However, since this is an organic herb, you could still benefit from taking it. Even a small chance to help with these issues is better than nothing.
How to Use:
Maca roots grow in 3 basic color ranges. Off white roots (Yellow) account for about 60% of the annual harvest. Reddish colored roots (Red) account for another 25% and gray colored roots (Black) the final 15%. Research has shown that each of these roots have unique properties and work better for certain purposes.
We offer all colors as Raw or Gelatinized Maca (pre-cooked) and as Sundried or Premium Maca. Each has its own advantages. Finally, it is possible to take Maca powder in foods, capsules with water, or extacts used alone. Here you will find everything you need to help with your medical symptoms.
If you use this in foods, it is eaten baked or roasted. You can also prepared it as a soup, like a potato soup. This product can also be used to make a fermented drink called maca chicha.
Heart health and Wine
In conjunction with Maca and a healthy lifestyle, try a great, fine red wine from your very own private Wine Club. With the heart-healthy benefits of red wine, you will be within your healthy parameters. So enjoy a glass today. Follow here to get more information.